On Monday 9th of January 2023, Woodview Construction Ltd will move onto site, for commencement of work on the construction of Te Pou, our new clubhouse, under a limited notice to proceed.
Demolition will commence later in the week along with factory fabrication of the concrete precast panels. While the Club remains short of its fundraising Target, thanks to further donations and $640,000 of
underwrite guarantees from local community members and current and past club members, Council has consented to the project commencing, utilising the Club’s Current Funds.
We still require a further $135,000 to access the allocated Council funding for the Construction and will need to raise nearly $1,000,000 during the 12 months construction phase, so as to complete and fit out Te Pou in accordance with all of the original design details.
To this end the Club is still seeking grants and donations towards the project. All donations qualify for a tax credit. Also available for negotiation at varying budgets, are naming rights options for each of Te Pou and Te Pae, along with specific areas within each of our facilities.
To discuss these please contact either Gareth Neilson 021 894 945 or John Seton 021 989 717.
We wish to thank and acknowledge the following list of major donors, who have helped get the projects to this stage:
- Auckland Council
- Piha Community Members
- The Trusts Community Foundation – Waitakere & Portage Licencing Trusts
- Foundation North
- Lotteries – Community Facilities Fund
- Current and Past Club Members
- Northern Lifeguard Services Trust
- Four Winds Foundation
- Grassroots Trust – Westgate Bowling and Wood Brothers venues
- Hynds Foundation
- Art + Object Ltd
- Lion Foundation 2008
- We Care Trust
- NZ Community Trust
- Dragon Trust Ltd
- Te Aratika Infrastructure
- Pub Charity – Brownzy’s Sports Bar and Tactics Sports Bar venues.
- North & south Trust – Aroha Bar and Westie Bistro venues
- One Foundation
- Blue Waters Community Trust
- Bridgeman Concrete
- St Lazarus Trust
- The Akarana Trust